FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN CONTACT US VIA EMAIL, WHATSAPP OR VISITING OUR CONTACT PAGE. HOWEVER, HERE ARE SOME ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE
Do the routes have insurance, or do I have to hire it?
Don’t worry, by hiring our routes you will have an accident insurance that will cover you in case something happens. If you already have your own insurance, ours will still cover you.
If the weather is bad and the activity is cancelled, will you give me my money back?
For us, the most important thing is safety and therefore, if the weather conditions are adverse and prevent the route from being carried out safely, we will refund your money or we can save the reservation for another day. We consider adverse conditions to be:
- Light or heavy rain.
- Very strong wind, whenever it occurs on routes where you walk very close to cliffs.
- Strong storm at sea with high waves that prevent passage through some areas of the route.
Cloudy days, with light or moderate wind or days with moderate waves in the sea will not be considered as cases of adverse weather.
IMPORTANT: WE WILL WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO CANCEL THE EXPERIENCE IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER, UNLESS THE FORECAST IS VERY BAD.
How does the refund policy work?
- If you cancel your reservation up to 10 days before the date of the route, you can get a full refund of the money.
- Canceling the reservation up to 5 days before, we will refund 50% of the amount.
- Up to 2 days, you can get 25% of the total.
- Cancelling the reservation 48 hours before, or if you do not show up on the day of the route, we cannot offer you any refund. It is considered that the client has not shown up for the activity if he/she has not arrived at the meeting point before half an hour after the scheduled time without prior justification.
Is technical mountain equipment necessary for the routes?
As a general rule, with good footwear that has a resistant sole and grip, you will have enough. If you are going to carry a lot of weight in your backpack, we recommend that you use hiking poles to better distribute the weight and thus avoid injuries and tiring your legs.
Finally, we always recommend that you bring water, sun cream and a snack in case you need to recover some energy.
We reserve the right to cancel the activity if we find that people do not come sufficiently prepared (poor footwear, under the consumption of alcohol, drugs or other substances that reduce physical abilities).
Is previous experience required?
No, it is not essential, but it is recommended that you have some basic notions about hiking.
We have low, intermediate and high levels of difficulty.
Do I have to be in good physical condition?
Well, it is not necessary to have a specific physical condition, the activities are adapted to the needs and abilities of each participant. In each of our routes the level of difficulty is detailed.
How do you classify the routes according to difficulty?
To define the level of a route we use two indicators: technical difficulty and physical difficulty.
- Easy technical level: Route suitable for everyone, without any risk.
- Moderate technical level: Route with some complication (some steep descent, rocky and unstable terrain…). There is still no significant risk. We can find sections where you have to use ropes, but they are very simple sections and there is no danger of falling.
- Difficult technical level: Most of the route is done along paths with steep descents, unstable terrain and some dangerous areas for people with vertigo. A minimum level of hiking experience is recommended. We can also find sections where ropes have to be used.
- Extreme technical level: Routes that we only recommend for people with experience in hiking and without fear of heights.
For physical difficulty, the classification is simpler: The higher the level, the better physical condition one must have. In any case, the physical demand also depends on the pace we have, which can be adapted.
Are there age limits?
Some of our routes are not suitable for children due to safety issues. As for older people, it depends on each case and the route chosen. We have experiences for all groups of ages. In our hiking page, you can find a list of routes that are suitable for children.
Can I come with my pet?
We love pets, but unfortunately, some of the routes are not suitable for pets, because there are sections where they can be confused or even hurt without realizing it. In that case, our best friends should stay home so they are safer.
On each route we inform you of this possibility, but always bearing in mind that your pet is a polite and obedient animal that will not pose any danger to others.
Otherwise, the experience may be cancelled.
In our hiking page, you can find a list of the routes that are suitable for pets
Do the routes include digital content?
Yes, we know that one of the important parts of the activity is that you can capture the unforgettable moments of the experience. For that, you will have to hire an extra fee for our photographer to accompany us on the routes.
We have a professional camera and GoPro. After a few hours or days after the route we will send you the photos so that you have the memory.
What is the best time of year to do the routes?
In general, in Ibiza we have optimal conditions all year round. Each time or season has its charm. We will adapt the schedules according to the weather conditions of each season of the year.
How long does each activity last?
Each activity has a duration. The number of hours is specified in each route, they are indicative times that may be modified depending on the stops, the group and other factors.
Will I also be trained in the photography routes?
Photographic routes also have a training part. These are routes designed by photographers and for photographers in which, in addition to discovering some of the best locations on the island, you will also learn some secrets of landscape photography.
How do the optional garbage cleanups work?
It is not mandatory, but we offer you the possibility of helping us to clean and take care of the island. If you want, we will give you a bag so that you can collect all the rubbish that you see along the way and thus help “the counter” to keep adding up.